Transforming the learning of each student every day.
United in faith, love and learning
Holy Family is proud to be part of Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese’s system of 80 Catholic primary and secondary schools operating across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains providing more than 43,500 students with a high-quality, low fee Catholic education.
Holy Family Primary is a community-based Catholic school where we celebrate faith and work together. By doing this, we enable our children to reach their potential and bring God to life in each other.
Our school is committed to creating a learning community where we:
- welcome all to our Catholic community
- develop our wisdom as a community from the experiences each person brings
- are all responsible for each child’s development
- are totally committed to each child’s success
- are sustained by the faith, honesty, generosity and warmth of the families of our school
- work in partnership with the parish in creating a safe, faith-filled and nurturing school environment
- value and foster connections with the wider community
- draw strength from the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
- conduct ourselves professionally in our roles as staff members
- will model Gospel values in our interactions with each other, in keeping with our Catholic tradition
- will respect all faiths, cultures and backgrounds
- will nurture and celebrate a sense of family and belonging.
Our school logo
The elements of our school logo have special meanings, important to our identity as a community.
- Cross: central to our Christian life
- Three leaves: represents the Holy Family, Jesus, Mary and Joseph
- Waratah: represents the community
- Dots: represents the Dreamtime paths to this land of the Darug people
Learning new interesting, fun and exciting learning and having a go
Having the feeling of joy and feeling welcomed in all places of our school
The best thing about school is playing and hanging out with my friends and helping others.
Montanna Gluvic (Student)
Holy Family Primary was established in 2004. Our state-of-the-art school complex was designed by Fulton, Trotter and Partners Architects and completed in 2010.
The concept and design of the school came about through extensive community consultation by school leadership, Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese, and ‘Fulton, Trotter & Partners Architects'.
The building design has strong connections to country. The Indigenous concept is clearly visible upon entry, with winding paths and curved walls, in which to take advantage of natural light and link all who work and learn at the school seamlessly back to mother earth, something that has been permeated and repeated throughout the classroom spaces.
The colour scheme of the school and brick chosen also brings in the earthy tones of the country, accentuating, and connecting people back to 'place'. You will notice that some of our buildings, including the Hall and Library, carry Indigenous names paying respect to elders, past present and emerging of the Darug nation in which we serve.
Approaching the end of our second decade, our school has a strong connection with Holy Family Parish and is proud to provide quality Catholic education to 12 suburbs in the Mount Druitt area.